Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rules on Dating 1: The Forbidden Demographics

Most people think that I'll go out with anything.  Ok, that's mostly my family.  But it's 100% not true.  I have standards, and if I'm not attracted I won't.  There are things I like and things I don't.  Also no matter how attracted I am, there are three specific groups of women I will never ever go out with, for various reasons.
1. Co-workers.  This is just a terrible idea for anyone.  I know she  looks hot now, and you're undressing her slowly with your eyes, but think long term.  Short term, you have a random hookup and it goes nowhere else.  Good job, now she can easily find you every day.  Long term, you go out, you kind of like her and you start to get serious.  However many months later, something terrible happens...she catches your wandering eye, the spark goes away, she catches you in bed with a farm animal...whatever reason, you  break up.  Now she knows everyone you know, and once again, sees you everyday, and more importantly, sees your boss every day.  She can ruin you, and there's little you can do about it while still staying classy, and as a well living gentleman, you can't be judged as crass.  Avoid co workers at all costs, no matter how hot she is.
2. Women with kids who know my friends.  Specific and to the point.  In the early to mid 20's a girl with kids tends to go into panic mode after a relationship ends, wondering how she's gonna put another father into her child's life.  After some time goes by she realizes that she actually can do it on her own and be more picky, but right at that first sign of singledom, it's a hard rush, "what do I do, who's gonna raise my baby with me".  Some of these ploys can get interesting and fun, but a lot can get scary and semi-stalkerish.  Now because I do date under 25 almost exclusively, any single mother I would meet falls into this demographic.  I'm not opposed to going out with a girl who has a child, it's not my first choice but I'm not gonna just throw it out.  But I'd rather keep her at arms length for a bit to make sure it's really me she's into and not a panic rush move to give someone a nice little prepackaged family.  Having her know someone in my family or one of my close friends negates this as she can run to them and find out where I live easily if our breakup isn't mutual for whatever reason.
3. Sunnyside Bartenders.  This is hard, because they're all pretty hot, and I actually am kind of sweet on one of them, but for me, this is a no-no. The three guys I consider to be some of my best friends in the world frequent the place, it's their favorite, and one of them actually works there one day a week.  For me to go out with one of them, and have something bad happen, I couldn't leave the bad blood, and bad feelings to be taken out on my friends, nor would I leave a situation that Brian would have to clean up.
There we go, that's my forbidden list...anything else I'll try once, and maybe I'll wind up having to add something else to my list if you set me up with another demographic that goes completely awry

No comments:

Post a Comment