Sunday, March 17, 2013

Republicans Versus Democrats

We live in a generation where there has never been a more defined line between the Republican party and the Democratic party and their respective followers.  Families and friends are being torn apart, riots are being performed in front of political buildings.  Politicians are doing huge demonstrations of power to try and stop legislation.  I was raised to be a mindless following democrat.  When my mom found out that I planned to vote republican after carefully reading and listening intently to both sides and making my own decision based on what I observed rather than what my job or my parents told me to decide, my mom told me "ok, maybe you just shouldn't vote then".  However in the rough time that we are facing right now, democrats and republicans don't need to be warring.  we need to be working together to eliminate the politicians who don't do their jobs and preserve the offices for those who do.  I consider myself to be a moderate republican.  I'm not a right wing extremist tea party asshole by any means.  I can see validity in the democratic party and some of their ideals.  Unfortunately the majority of examples of people who don't do their jobs are democrats, considering that I live in wisconsin and I saw the legislators who went on an illinois vacation rather than doing their jobs.  I know that it is on both sides around the country though, and it needs to stop.
Governor Scott Walker is very much doing his job.  He was voted in to try and get our state's economy back around, and unfortunately that meant asking some of our union workers to make a contribution.  To me it seems very fair.  I work in an industry where 5 years ago a shop would easily take in an 18 year old kid who knew what a 5/8" wrench was, pay him 20 bucks an hour direct hire, give him a big tool allowance so he could finance his box and do his job better, train him, and make a mechanic out of him.  Now the only people that are wanted have 20 years of experience, and are getting paid 15-18 an hour, through a temp firm first, then decided if they will get hired on by the company, and working with barely any insurance.  The only way to really get a job anymore is to know someone in teh company. everyone else is making cut backs, so must the american union worker, and that comes from every union.
A final thought.  This division in political parties is starting to cause a lot of violence.  both sides need to make concessions before we are facing down another civil war.  Personally to me, I don't think the American Labor Union is the answer to anything, but by no means is disbanding it an answer either.  Let's stop the fighting, everyone get to work, and lets all work together to find a way to fix this country, so we can all go to work because we want to, because there are plenty of jobs available to us, and because our employers want us there and we don't need a contract to keep our jobs.  Together, democrat, republican, union worker, skilled tradesman, restauranteer, grocer, baker, butcher, we can find a way to make this an america with plenty of money and plenty of happiness again

No comments:

Post a Comment