Friday, December 8, 2017

The Last Word on Moore

The Alabama Special Election that the country has been talking about takes place in five days, and we will finally get the answer to whether or not the good Judge will be the next representative.  As the day draws nearer, every commentator in the world has made this an increasing fire about the Moore case, and in an unprecedented move, Democrats have come together to expel people in their ranks who also had sexual skeletons in their closet.  We are at a point that half of the Republican Commentators want to hang Moore without a trial, and the other half want to hang the accusers.  But what is the right choice to make?

This article does come on the heels of the announcement that the yearbook was faked.  Beverly Young came forward today to say that she forged parts of Moore's entry.  At the last minute that changes the story entirely, but I promise you that it won't be good enough for people like Pelosi, Feinstein, and in an odd turn of events, Conservative podcaster Ben Shapiro.  It seems to be a general consensus that Moore should be tried in the court of social media, and hanged because the accusations from 40 years ago are apparently credible.  

The biggest problem that I have with this is the fact that it was 40 years ago.  I don't know whether or not any of it even happened.  Only Moore and his accuser really know what happened back then, and anyone else who has come forward was either in a consensual situation or discredited.  Shapiro is the one that really rubs me the wrong way on this.  I continue to enjoy the Ben Shapiro Show and the Daily Wire, but continually listening to the commentator rail on a man for something that happened so long ago makes me sick.  As I mentioned before, people change.  I can't tell you that I'm the same person I was 5 years ago.  I'd hate to be judged about something I did when I was 14.  I can tell you from experience, it sucks.  My family remembers EVERYTHING and never lets anything go.  Furthermore, the statute of limitations is a thing for a reason.  I would think that a Harvard Law graduate would know that.  The statute of limitations protects people in situations exactly like this one.  I'm going to take a move from Mr. Shapiro's playbook on this one.  I'll gladly start a motion with you to get Moore removed from the race, and a pending Senate Seat because it's creepy for a man over 30 to go out with a girl that is barely over the age of consent, and it's even worse for that same man to fool around with a girl who is below the age of consent.  My condition: show me something from a time frame that is relevant.  Show me a transgression from 5 years ago that would definitively show a flaw in judgement that may leak into a proposed legislation, and after I help you unseat Moore, I will eat a big plate of Oven Roasted Crow with a big smile on my face.  

Not everyone waited to have his first kiss until there was a diamond ring on his wife's hand.  I honestly feel that aside from the alleged assault of Ms. Young, Roy Moore represents the majority of us better than a lot of conservative commentators out there.  He did make mistakes when he was younger, but he settled into a calmer monogamous life as he grew older.  Most of us don't fall into a religious zealotry to the level that the good judge has, but the majority of Americans do find a level of religion as the grow older.  I still consider the fact that this all came in after the Sore Loser law came into effect, rather than in the 30 years that Moore was in the public eye prior to that, stinks like burnt gear oil.  But ultimately, the people of Alabama have the decision, and no one else does.  We can let the voters decide.  All we can do is present the facts

What are your final thoughts on Moore? What about the Commentators that can't stop talking about them? I always welcome comments and discussion both here and over on Twitter.  My handle is @edsblogtw1tter if you want to follow me to comment or read previous articles from my feed.  If you like what you've read, go ahead and hit that like button, and consider hitting the retweet button as well.  That would be cool of you.  Remember, never take the words of journalists, bloggers, or podcasters as Gospel.  Find all the facts, and draw your own conclusion.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment